Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Friendship Group Update, Week of Nov. 29, 2010


I hope this finds everyone well-rested and well-fed after a well-deserved Thanksgiving break!  There is definitely an excitement in the air as we anticipate just three more weeks of learning until winter break.  And speaking of excitement, I am excited to finally have a web page up and running!  I will use this page to post the weekly group updates, as well as a place to list helpful books, games, internet sites, and other resources for you to explore as the year goes on.  Starting next week, rather than sending notes home, you can check my blog for the update on Friendship Group.  If you don’t have regular computer access, just let me know and I can continue to send notes home with your child, not a problem.

Be forewarned, the website is far from perfect, but at least it’s a start!  (I have to give a shout-out to my tech savvy mother for all of her help on this endeavor!)  You can find it by going to the Hilltop webpage (www.westonka.k12.mn.us/hilltop), clicking on the “Special Education” tab towards the top, and then clicking on my name on the Special Ed page.  Or you can go to it directly (www.mssavageauathilltop.blogspot.com). 

This week we are transitioning from working on anxiety plans to working on play skills.  While some students have no trouble easing themselves into social situations, other students struggle with how to initiate and sustain play.  We’ll be doing some reviewing and role playing of moving into a play situation, as well as just doing some playing---most of us learn best by jumping in and doing it.  Should be a fun week!

As always feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  Here’s to going paperless!

No comments:

Post a Comment